Last update: November 18, 2018.
Terms and Conditions
By accepting this below, I confirm that I have read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
Welcome to ERNIT – We are empowering children with essential lifelong skills by making digital money tangible through the ERNIT app which is connected to the bank account of our partner bank.
These terms and conditions apply to the user relationship between ERNIT ApS, CVR No. 36 920 920, Applebys Plads 7, 1411 Copenhagen (called “ERNIT”, “we” or “us”) and you as a user of the ERNIT mobile application (called “application” or “app”).
- Relationship between the user, ERNIT and ERNIT’s bank partner
ERNIT is not a bank, ie. neither a bank, a savings bank nor a shareholder, and therefore we are not a provider of the banking services and banking products that you in some geographical locations have access to through our app.
If you are in a geographical location with access to these banking products you will need to accept and sign another set of Terms and Conditions which you will be presented with when the access is granted.
3. Creation and approval
You are created as a user with us and our app in the app itself after installing the app and going through the onboarding process. If you want to deal with real money in the app it requires that you become a customer at ERNIT’s bank partner and are in a suitable geographical location where this is possible.
You must always follow the application procedure in the app, which automatically starts at the first opening of the app. In the app you always have read access to the terms and conditions of use in your user relationship with us.
You can cancel your agreement with us at any time.
- Access and use
Your access to our app is personal and must not be used by anyone other than you. You cannot give other proxy to use the app on your behalf. Your personal access is linked to your e-mail address and the personal password that you provide and choose when setting up your user relationship with us.
You may not provide or share your password for login in the app with others. In case of abuse or suspicion of abuse of your user access, please inform us immediately. In case of abuse or suspected abuse, we may always block your access to the app.
You are responsible for updating the identification information that you have provided to us in connection with your creation as a user. You are also responsible for securing your password, your user information, etc. We encourage parents and patrons to speak to their children about PIN and password security to ensure ongoing safety while using the service.
Parents and patrons should ensure their children understand that they should never share the PIN or password for their ERNIT app. We recommend they do not write down their PIN but if they need to, this must be kept securely and separately from the device that they use to access the ERNIT App. Equally parents and patrons must follow good password management practice themselves and not write down or share their ERNIT password.
If we believe your ERNIT account passwords/PINs have not been kept secret, we may not be responsible for losses incurred on your account. In addition, we recommend that you always close the app completely after you finish using it.
If you have questions about your access to and use of the app, please contact our technical support by phone or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our support chat feature in the app itself. Our website also contains a FAQ section of the most frequently asked questions about using the app.
ERNIT takes protection of your family’s personal information very seriously. In order to register and create an ERNIT profile, you must be 18 years of age or older. At ERNIT we store the following personally identifiable information (PII):
For adults: Full Name, Email, PIN, Image (optional), Country (optional)
For children: First name, Last name (optional), Image (optional), Gender (optional), Date of birth
This is why we store these PII’s:
- Full name: For security purposes we need to be sure that the person that signs up is a real person that is able to link their profile to a bank account, when that is geographical possible.
- Email: We use the email to communicate news and changes to the product. We furthermore use the email to notify the users if they need to sign a new consent, if there has been a security breach etc. We always store the email encrypted.
- PIN: There are two reasons why we need users to use a PIN code. 1) For security purposes: The PIN code will be used for the user to login to their profile – this is how we make sure that the person is the same coming back into the system. 2) Because ERNIT is a two-faced app allowing multiple users to use different sections in the same app environment, we need the PIN to make sure the users stay in their respective areas. We always store the PIN encrypted.
- Image: For a personalized experience the user can choose to upload a picture to the system. This is used for the user to visually distinguish between their own parent profile and the child’s profile.
- Country: We use the country to specify if we can offer the user to link their profile with one of our bank partners. We only have bank partnerships in certain countries, so we can only offer this to residents in specific countries.
- First name: We use the name for a more personalized experience for the children. We also use it for the parents to distinguish between their different children.
- Last name: This is optionally given to us by the parent and is only used for an eventual conversion from kid profile to adult profile..
- Image: The optional picture of the child is used for a visually personalized experience. We deal with children that oftentimes cannot read yet, so they need to be able to see their own profile picture. From the parents perspective the picture is also necessary for them to distinguish between different children.
- Gender: We need the gender to be able to write to both the parents and the children in a he or she format. The tone of the writing is important for the financial experience in a fun and gamified app like ERNIT.
- Date of birth: The child’s age is important to see what kind of financial tasks that ERNIT can present to them to give them a better financial understanding. Children below six should only be able to set goals while they above six can get specific tasks at home while they from the age of seven in many countries can get a payment method attached to ERNIT.
If you believe we may have obtained other personal identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will investigate and delete any such material.
- Products and Features
The technical features that you have access to in the app are shown by the app. These include, but are not limited to, setting up tasks for children at home, transfer of rewards, inviting other grown ups into the app, setting goals and more. The individual features available at this time are described in detail in the app.
- Prices and payments
Our app and access to the app are free. You do not pay to be a member of us or to use the app itself.
All communication between you and us is done to the widest possible extent via the app. You agree that we communicate electronically with you, including via text, email or through the app, such as via notifications, push or in-app messages.
All of our communication with you will take place in either English or Danish, as well as these terms and conditions and the information provided herein are only available in English.
Our technical support is available through the phone, email and chat feature in the app.
- Safety and operation
It’s just as safe for you to use the ERNITs app, as it’s safe for you to use regular mobile banks. Our app has been securely approved by both ERNIT’s bank partner and a third party security vendor, considering that the security level must comply with the general safety standard in applications used. All data and all data streams are encrypted.
Our application is thus subject to data center security standards based on a wide range of tests and controls both internally and externally to continuously ensure high reliability and data security. Thus, the same security system requirements apply to our application as to other banks’ mobile banks and the like.
We can perform maintenance, changes or improvements to the app, which may cause the app to be temporarily unavailable. We will as far as possible, and whenever possible, inform about such operational disturbances in advance. We can not be held liable for such temporary operating disruptions and temporary inaccessibility.
We use industry standard security technology and procedures to protect your information. A selection of measures we take to protect your personal data are provided below:
- High-security password protection on internal ERNIT systems
- Encryption of our services using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Training of our employees on information security
- Continual review of our policies and procedures in response to advances in technology and security best practice
- Built in password protection on the ERNIT App for parents and patrons and children to gain access to their account
- Measures to ensure access to ERNIT systems is limited to approved ERNIT team members to undertake their job
- All employees undergo data protection training and sign confidentiality agreements
- Appropriate incident response procedures. For instance detection systems and change password triggers in case of a security breach sent to you within 72 hours
You can review and update your personal information by logging into our app and visiting your account profile page and make the changes. We automatically delete all your data after six years of inactivity.
If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to trigger a form in which you can submit your email address. A link to reset your password then will be emailed to you.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access, to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. You can, however, change or delete any personal information about your child that you have shared with us (i.e., birthday) by logging into your account and choosing the appropriate options.
Profile images that are changed by the user are replaced by the newer version of the image. ERNIT does not keep copies of older images on our servers.
- Responsibility, Liability and Compensation
ERNIT is solely responsible for the electronic platform itself in the form of our mobile application. We are thus responsible for the operation, operation and safety of the platform as well as our technical support in relation to the platform.
ERNIT can not be held liable in case of abuse or if it is necessary to block your access to the app in case of abuse or suspicion of abuse.
In addition, ERNIT can not be held liable for any financial or non-material loss, including loss or damage to data due to failure, lack of access or breakdown in own systems, failure of access or breakdown of external subcontractor systems, failure, missing access to or breakdown of the bank’s systems or other errors, malfunctions, failures or security flaws with us, external subcontractors or third parties that ERNIT is working with.
In all cases, ERNIT’s liability for you as a user of our app is limited to cases where we have committed intentional or gross negligence. However, any liability may in no case involve indirect loss of any kind, including operating loss, sales loss, loss of profits, loss or damage to data, loss of goodwill or similar.
11. Changes and Termination
ERNIT may terminate your relationship with you. Similarly, you can always terminate your engagement with us.
- Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, design, etc., associated with the app, our website, our features and services, etc. belong to ERNIT and that you may not make use of these intellectual property rights.
To be able to serve you as a user of our app, our partner bank in your geographical location and ERNIT can exchange information and data between us about your potential customer relationship with the bank prior to that customer relationship and your ongoing user relationship with ERNIT.
Therefore, when you become a customer at the bank, you will be asked to accept and sign a bank statement of consent for the disclosure of your personal information and data to us. This is done via the app in connection with the establishment of the customer relationship.
To the extent that we receive such confidential information, the statutory confidentiality of customer relationships to which the bank is subject will also apply to us so that we may not unlawfully disclose or utilize the confidential customer information that we have become aware of.
- Disclosure of information
As a user of our app, you agree that ERNIT collects and processes personal information and data about you and your use of the app and our website. ERNIT, in addition to your personal information and data about you, interfaces, will continuously offer you all services and products through the ERNIT app. This information and data is used both to establish your user relationship with us, to implement your use of the app, and to provide you with relevant news, recommendations, offers, etc.
ERNIT does not disclose your personal information and data submitted or collected via the app or on our website to third parties without your prior consent or unless we are required to do so by applicable rules, for example in relation to public authorities.
Therefore, when you become a member of us, you will be asked to accept and sign a letter of consent from us regarding the disclosure of your personal information and data to the bank. This is done through the app in connection with the establishment of the user relationship.
We may provide general user information to companies that perform administrative tasks for us, including outsourcing, if it is necessary for managing your usage and for marketing purposes.
We always store and process your personal information and data in accordance with applicable rules and the General Data Protection Regulations’ current guidelines in this area.
Cookies are small data files that can be read and stored on your computer, mobile phone, tablet and other mobile devices.
If you have set up your computer, mobile phone, tablet and other mobile devices to not accept cookies, there may be features and services in the app that may not work or may not work optimally. Cookies can be easily removed, but the exact method depends on your browser and device.
If you want to complain about the app itself or above us, you should first contact ERNITs support at email@example.com.
- Force majeure
If unexpected and extraordinary circumstances occur outside our control in the form of for example, strike, lockout, war, boycott, blockade, terror, tampering, vandalism, including hacking and computer viruses, failure / power failure, telecommunications – and lack of access to or breakdown of IT systems or data in these systems that may be attributed to such circumstances, whether it is us, an external supplier or third party who is in charge of the operation of the systems – which you or we should not have considered in the contractual relationship establishment, and should not have avoided or overcome, all rights and obligations of both you and us shall be suspended for the duration of the agreement during the unexpected and extraordinary circumstances.
Neither you nor we can be held liable for such unexpected and extraordinary circumstances and for the financial and non-economic consequences and / or losses associated with it.
- Law and venue
- Validity and version
This is version 1.2 of the User Terms, which supersedes previous versions and is effective from May 23, 2018.