Last update: November 12, 2018.
ERNIT (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to ERNIT software and services (either through our website at www.ernit.com or our apps) and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from ERNIT software and services.
Children Under the Age of 13
ERNIT takes protection of your family’s personal information very seriously. In order to register and create an ERNIT profile, you must be 18 years of age or older.
At ERNIT we store the following personally identifiable information (PII):
For adults: Full Name, Email, PIN, Image (optional), Country (optional)
For children: First name, Last name (optional), Image (optional), Gender (optional), Date of birth
This is why we store these PII’s:
Full name: For security purposes we need to be sure that the person that signs up is also the same person that is linking their profile to a bank account.
Email: We use their email to communicate news and changes to the product. We furthermore use the email to notify the users if they need to sign a new consent.
PIN: There are two reasons why we need users to use a PIN code. 1) For security purposes: The PIN code will be used for the user to login to their profile – this is how we make sure that the person is the same coming back into the system. 2) Because ERNIT is a two-faced app allowing multiple users to use different sections in the same app environment, we need the PIN code to make sure the users stay in their respective areas.
Image: For a personalized experience the user can choose to upload a picture to the system. This is used for the user to visually distinguish between their own parent profile and the child’s profile.
Country: We use the country to specify if we can offer the user to link their profile with one of our bank partners. We only have bank partnerships in certain countries, so we can only offer this to residents in specific countries.
First name: We use the name for a more personalized experience for the children. We also use it for the parents to distinguish between their different children.
Last name: This is optionally given to us by the parent and is only used for an eventual conversion from kid profile to adult profile..
Image: The optional picture of the child is used for a visually personalized experience. We deal with children that oftentimes cannot read yet, so they need to be able to see their own profile picture. From the parents perspective the picture is also necessary for them to distinguish between different children.
Gender: We need the gender to be able to write to both the parents and the children in a he or she format. The tone of the writing is important for the financial experience in a fun and gamified app like ERNIT.
Date of birth: The child’s age is important to see what kind of financial tasks that ERNIT can present to them to give them better financial understanding. Children below six should only be able to set goals while they above six can get specific tasks at home while they from the age of seven in many countries can get a payment method attached to ERNIT.
If you believe we may have obtained other personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will investigate and delete any such material.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our software and services, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through our software and services, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies, and web beacons.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through our software and services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our software and services, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our software and services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our software and services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our software and services.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies, and Other Technologies
Usage Details and IP Addresses
As you navigate through our software and services, we may also collect details of your visit, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our software and services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our software and services.
Pages of the ERNIT website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
While required and optional user-generated content such as profile pictures, chores, and rewards is not shared outside of the parent/child accounts, you are nevertheless responsible for any of that content that you contribute to be so shared and do so at your own risk.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our software and services in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your hardware.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our software and services to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of ERNIT’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ERNIT about its customers is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of ERNIT, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
E-mail communication from the Company
You can always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the email informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, or change of password by logging into our software and services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. Also, this opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and update your personal information by logging into our app and visiting your account profile page and make the changes. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to trigger a form in which you can submit your email address. A link to reset your password then will be emailed to you.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. You can, however, change or delete any personal information about your child that you have shared with us (i.e., email address) by logging into your account and choosing the appropriate options.
Profile images that are changed by the user are replaced by the newer version of the image. ERNIT does not keep copies of older images on our servers.
Keeping your data secure
ERNIT understands the importance of keeping your personal data secure. We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal data, although we cannot guarantee these things will never happen. Unfortunately, no system is 100% safe from a sophisticated and sustained attack by determined hackers.
A selection of measures we take to protect your personal data are provided below:
We use industry standard security technology and procedures to protect your information
- High-security password protection on internal ERNIT systems
- Encryption of our services using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Training of our employees on information security
- Continual review of our policies and procedures in response to advances in technology and security best practice
ERNIT App access password protection
- Built in password protection on the ERNIT App for parents and patrons and children to gain access to their account
Limiting access to your data
- Measures to ensure access to ERNIT systems is limited to approved ERNIT team members to undertake their job
- All employees undergo data protection training and sign confidentiality agreements
Location of your data
ERNIT’s servers are inside the European Union (EU), but may also be based in the US in future, and some of the tools and services we use may be hosted outside the EU. We want you to be aware that the laws regarding processing of personal information outside the EU may not be as rigorous as those within it.
If we transfer your information to our servers, or a service provider or agent in another country outside the European Union, we will make sure that we and the service provider or agent agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to personal information held and processed in EU and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us.
What we expect from you to help keep your data secure
We encourage parents and patrons to speak to their children about PIN and password security to ensure ongoing safety while using the service. Parents and patrons should ensure their children understand that they should never share the PIN or password for their ERNIT app. We recommend they do not write down their PIN but if they need to, this must be kept securely and separately from the device that they use to access the ERNIT App. Equally parents and patrons must follow good password management practice themselves and not write down or share their ERNIT password.
If we believe your ERNIT account passwords/PINs have not been kept secret, we may not be responsible for losses incurred on your account.